Friday, April 13, 2018

Best way to learn another language

          In my opinion, the best and fastest way to learn a language other than your native language is to go to live in a country where that language is spoken. Find a place to live where there are no other speakers of your native language. No other people from your country. Do not speak your language at all. Take some classes in the language you are learning, but spend most of your time using the language in everyday life.  Speak the language 24/7. Use the new language for everything you do: take the bus, ask for directions, order food, go to the movies, go to parties, make friends,  read the local newspaper every day, read books and magazines, ask questions, and so on. Do this and you will be amazed how fast you will become fluent in the new language and understand the culture of the new place. This is called the immersion method. Think of the way babies learn language. It's called the immersion method.  It isn't the easiest method, but is the most effective and fastest method. What do you think?

Image result for clip art, learning a new language

7 comments:

  1. Yes I agree with you and i have experienced it myself. I came from the Dominican Republic where the native language is spanish.when i came to the united states I have struggled with english but it gave me a push to learn it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. Total immersion in the language and culture is the best.
      Mr. B

      Delete
  3. Oh thank you I think I have to do most of those are things to improve my language

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, in my opinion these are the most important things to do to improve in English or any second language.

      Delete
  4. One of the main things that I mostly do is reading. I think I write better than I can speak. But I always surround myself with naïve speaker. I am always watching T.V. in English which have helped me improved my English immensely. I have gotten better because I have striven a lot with English. I always tell myself that if I want to live in USA all my life, I have to learn English for better opportunities.
    Josh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reading is one of the best things you can do to improve your English, Josh.

    ReplyDelete