Thursday, October 30, 2014

Describing my hometown

                               My Hometown, Farmington, New Mexico

           I was born and grew up in one of the most beautiful places on earth, a little town called Farmington, and I am going to tell you three reasons why it is such a beautiful place. First of all, I like small towns, and Farmington only had about 20,000 people living there when I was born in 1951. It was larger than a village and smaller than a city. It was about a 200 mile drive to the nearest city, Albuquerque, which is the largest city in New Mexico. Second, I like the location and geography of Farmington. It is located at high altitude on the dessert, near mountains. Because it is on a high dessert, it is hot in the summer, but not humid. It always got cold at night because of the altitude, even in the summer. You could drive 50 miles north to Colorado and find tall mountains to hike in and ski in the winter. Finally,  Farmington is located  about 25 miles from the four-corners. That is the only place in the U.S. where four states come together. If you look on a map, you can see that those states are New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado. You can go to the Four-Corners monument and stand in two states and put a hand in the other two states. To sum up, Farmington was a fantastic place to grow up and to visit now for all of these reasons and more. I hope you have a chance to visit Farmington, New Mexico someday.

22 comments:

  1. Jeff Farmintong look like a nice place to visit I can imagine myself in the Four -Corners

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh... is there any hotel? I wold like to visit to get 5 points.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You will need to write more than this to get 5 points.

      Delete
  4. Jeff your hometown sounds like a beautiful place for vacation because your village has good location and geography. I like to hike mountains and going new place in my vacation so one time I want to visit your hometown. I also want to visit four state in one time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you like to hike in the desert or mountains, Farmington is a great place to do it.

      Delete
  5. Something interesting about Farmington.i can visit four city in the same time, am never heard about something like this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can visit four states at the same time at the Four-Corners Monument. Not four cities.

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The story of your farminton is very interesting because the geography and the location . I have read all of them your Farminton that I am very interest if a have a chance, i will be visit your hometoawn. Is there any dangerous of natuaral disaster like kind of tornado or cylone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No tornadoes or cyclones. There are sandstorms in the Spring and sand gets in your eyes and covers everything.

      Delete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like Farmington becaus sounds bitful small town

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Farmington because it is quiet and I can find mountain it is so fun.
    l hope visit your home town.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like small towns too, I would like someday to go on a trip in four corner,It's like know 4 states at the same time and now Im interested to go and take me a pictures there.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes, you are right Jeff. I like to live in small town too. Living in small town is more feeling comfortable. Farmington sound like a beautiful place and also enjoyable. I am interesting about geography of Farmington and also weather. I never been there but I can imagine myself in Four-Corners.

    ReplyDelete