Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Habits

I read somewhere that it takes about three weeks to establish a new habit. I started writing this blog earlier this spring with every intention of writing a short entry every day, without missing a single day. After seventeen days of writing daily, I stopped. February 23 was my last blog posting. So maybe this is an example of the "three-week rule." Maybe if I had just posted something for four more days, I would have arrived at that "magic" number of 21 days, and writing the blog daily would have become a new habit, a part of my daily routine. I'll give it another try, see if I can write for 21 consecutive days, and create a new, good habit. It would seem to be a simple thing to learn a new habit, but sometimes simple things are not as simple as they seem, especially when it comes to human behavior. Stand by.

2 comments:

  1. Mr, Jeff your are my best teacher. you have a great habit, keep going to write more in your blog. I will be one of readers to your blog. thinks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saiid,

    Thanks for your comments. Keep reading and writing and, of course, watching good movies! You can just call me Jeff. We usually don't use Mr. with first names. You can call me Mr. Burnham, but that makes me feel too old..:)

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete