Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Jeff's Top Ten Books/athors

My Top Ten books/authors, in no particular order. I have read each of these books more than once because I like them so much, and have read other books by these authors. If I find an author I like, I tend to read all of their books I can get my hands on. Some of these books have been made into movies, and some of the movies were good, but the movies are never as good as the books.

1. The Grapes of Wrath, John Steinbeck
2. The Firm, John Grisham
3. The Catcher in the Rye, J.D. Sallinger
4. Hatchet, Gary Paulsen
5. Relato de un Naufrago, Gabriel Garcia Marquez (Tale of a Castaway, a novella)
6. Little Big Man, Thomas Berger
7. Mountain Man, Vardis Fisher
8. Mere Christianity, C.S. Lewis
9. The Sun Also Rises, Ernest Hemingway
10. The Lords of Discipline, Pat Conroy

3 comments:

  1. hello Jeff, I have not read any of these books, but I am glad because there is a Colombian author amoung your list. Have you ever read Cien AƱos de Soledad written by Gabriel Garcia Marquez? I recomended it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting my Blog. Someday I will read One Hundred Years of Solitude in Spanish. Relato de un Naufrago is only about 100 pages long. You might enjoy it. It's also been translated into English.

    You get 20 points of extra credit for commenting on my blog.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete