Friday, June 11, 2010

Soccer

I was watching Mexico play South Africa this morning in the first game of the World Cup. I realized what a great game soccer is. It's a simple and elegant sport. There are no complicated rules like in American football or baseball, only one way to score, and the players are great athletes in excellent condition. I doubt most baseball or football players could run up and down the field without resting between plays for two 45-minute halves. I hope that soccer continues to become more popular in the US, so the US teams will play at the same level as the best teams in the world. That will take a few years, but it will be worth the wait. Maybe the US will be able to win the World Cup someday.

6 comments:

  1. US team is better than China team , I remembered China soccer team in the Would Cup only 1 time ,I hope China in the Would Cup again .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agreed with you, soccer is a simple game but very interesting.In Brazil people take the game very seriously, in a way that they can kill for it.Will be nice to see Brazil x US in the finals.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think so Brazil VS USA in final, big big difference between Brazil vs USA. I will give some informations Xanda3-2000. Brazil has five titles of world cup( 1958, 1962, 1970, 1994, 2002) and I hop this year. however, the USA team still new and less experience with any championship than Brazil team. I can say the USA team they can do something, but not more than first round.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serena, Alex, and Said,

    I agree with all of your comments because you all know a lot more about soccer than I do. I learn about soccer from you, you learn about English from me. We help each other...:)

    Said, I agree with you about Brazil. They have so much experience and a track record of many World Cup victories. I have heard that in Brazil children start playing soccer when they start walking. Maybe in 2014, 2018, or 2022, the USA will be in a position to win the World Cup. But they are not quite there yet.

    Thank you for your comments, as always.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well I don't really know who is going to win but t'm living in The United states so it would be good if the USA win.I would be proud as Mexico win too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Rivera,

    I agree with you. I would like for either the USA or Mexico to win. Either one would make me very happy.

    Thanks for your comments.

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete